Non-payment and Fraudulent Bidding Policy
Digital Options is committed to the mission of fair auctions and investor practices. In line with our mission, fraudulent bidding practices such as shill bidding, non-payment and fraudulent account creation or bidder collusion is strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent ban. We also will not participate in practices that encourage or reward user behavior of that nature.
- Unpaid domain names will be offered to the second highest bidder for the final amount, less one bidding increment. We will not remove all bids from the winning user before the domain is offered to the second highest bidder. This behavior creates an environment that incentivizes users to collude or shill bid on domains with the prospect of gaining a massive discount or deterring other users from bidding.
- The second highest bidder may decline to pay the price offered for an unpaid domain without penalty unless we have determined that they were a participant in a fraudulent bidding activity.
- Unverified accounts may be required to make a financial deposit prior to being allowed to participate in auctions or backorder services.
- Unverified account may be required to submit physical proof of legitimacy including a copy of your driver's license or other acceptable proof of government identification.
Digital Options LLC retains the right to suspend, ban or terminate an account for any reason including but not limited to any reason described in our General Auction Terms of Service. By creating a Digital Options account, you are agreeing to the below terms of service.
General Auction Terms of Service
Digital Options LLC utilizes multiple resources and processes for verifying and validating user bids and retains the right to suspend or terminate a user account for any reason including but not limited to (i) suspicion of fraudulent bidding (ii) non-payment of "won" domains (iii) suspicion of bidding collusion or shill bidding.
(i) Suspicion of fraudulent bidding - bidding activity including but not limited to:
- Bidding without a legitimate method of payment
- Bidding without the intent to complete payment
- Bidding from an unverified account - Users may be required to submit any or all of the below information to validate legitimacy of their account:
a) Two step email verification
b) Submission of a valid driver license or form of government identification
c) Temporary deposit of funds
d) Scheduled phone call or verification of residence
(ii) Non-payment of "won" domains - A users account will be permanently banned from using the Digital Options platform for non-payment of domain(s) whether non-payment is deliberate or otherwise.
(iii) Suspicion of bidding collusion or shill bidding - The determination of bidding collusion or shill bidding is entirely at the discretion of Digital Options LLC. Users suspected of stated activity will be permanently banned from the platform and all disputed won domains will be forfeit. Any resulting damages, financial or otherwise, may result in legal action.
*All actions taken by Digital Options LLC are solely at the discretion of the company and are not limited to the above stated guidelines.
Won domains must be paid for within 5 days (120 hours) from the time of the auction closing or capture of a backordered domain. Non payment will result in a permanent ban unless prior arrangements have been made.
In the event of an unpaid auction, the second highest bidder in the auction will be offered an opportunity to acquire the domain for the total amount equal to one bidding increment less than the winning bid. If the second highest bidder declines, the domain(s) will be repossessed and retained by Digital Options LLC. Sale or use of a repossessed domain name is solely at the discretion of Digital Options LLC.
In the event of an unpaid backorder where no auction bids are placed, the domain will be offered to the second backorder holder based on time of backorder submission.
In the event where a single backorder exists, Digital Options LLC will repossess and maintain ownership of the domain. Sale or use of a repossessed domain name is solely at the discretion of Digital Options LLC.
Shill Bidding or Bidder Collusion
The act of fraudulently or artificially inflating the price of a domain will result in the permanent ban of a user or users account. Determination of violation is solely at the discretion of Digital Options LLC. Any reinstatement of a banned account will be determined after an investigation of the bidding logs, time stamps, IP addresses and any other method of investigation required to determine the result of the ban.
Digital Options LLC is not responsible or required for providing any information in regard to the suspension or ban of a users account.
Right to Monitor
Digital Options LLC has no obligation to monitor the Services, but reserves the right to do so. Digital Options LLC reserves the right to edit the descriptions and comments on listings. You acknowledge and agree that Digital Options LLC shall have the right to make public and share with third parties certain information in connection with the sale or purchase of domain names on the website, including but not limited to (a) the name of the domain name sold or purchased, (b) the sale or purchase price of the domain name sold or purchased, and (c) information relating to the timing of the sale or purchase.